The Heising-Simons Foundation, The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, and First 5 California are partnering with American Institutes for Research (AIR) to study the impact of transitional kindergarten (TK) in California on children’s academic and social-emotional skills in kindergarten, and how these impacts are related to program quality characteristics. The study builds on the study of TK implementation study in the first year, completed in 2013. The second phase of the study will continue through 2015.
- Now available! The final report on The Impact of Transitional Kindergarten on California Students and a research brief summarizing the main findings.
- The research brief describing the impact of TK on English Learner Students is available here.
- Click here to view the research brief describing TK classrooms statewide.
- The first report on the impact of Transitional Kindergarten summarizing the impact of TK on participating students' kindergarten readiness is available here.
- The research brief focusing on districts' outreach efforts and parents' early experiences with TK is available here.